Everything you need to know about Resistances
The resistance is a fundamental part of the vape , since it is the one that works the magic: transforming the liquid into vapor.
Types of resistors:
- Commercial Coils: They are manufactured by different specialized suppliers, such as Smok, Vaporesso, VooPoo, GeekVape, etc... In general, they are the ones that we all know the most and use most frequently. Each one has a different amount of metal depending on the brand and a drain that is usually smaller than that of traditional resistors.
- Handmade Resistors: They are the ones we manufacture ourselves, although today they can be purchased already made in stores specialized in vaping. The main advantage of this class of resistors is their porosity, since it significantly improves the flavor.
How to extend the useful life of resistors?
Knowing that all resistors, both commercial and artisan, have a useful life is important. The time comes when the liquid stops tasting and tastes burnt or simply stops generating steam. If this happens, it is a sign that the time to change the resistance has arrived.
Tips to extend the useful life of your resistors:
- Wet the resistance before the first use: put a few drops of liquid on the visible part of the cotton of the resistance, but carefully and without soaking it too much.
- Don't take too many puffs in a row: When you take too many puffs in a row, the cotton dries faster than the coil gets wet, and this can translate into a certain burnt taste. In other words, you have to be patient and wait long enough for the resistance to soak up the liquid well.
- Vape at the correct power: Finding the right spot is a matter of trial/error. We must keep in mind the 'ohmniaje' of the resistance, because it is what will determine the power range. With low powers, less liquid is vaped than there is in the cotton, reducing the risk of burning it and prolonging the useful life of the resistance, while with high powers you get bigger clouds and more flavor of the liquid, but it dries sooner the cotton.
- Always keep the tank with liquid : Make sure that the liquid level is not below the part where the cotton is visible.
- Use Temperature Control mode: It is a function that, currently, almost all electronic cigarettes incorporate, and that is used to adjust the temperature to which you want the resistance of your mod to heat up. When this marked temperature is reached, the electronic cigarette cuts the power so that it does not continue heating.
Thank you for joining us in this post, we hope it has been very useful.